Friday, February 6, 2009

Ergonomics: Dietrich's Gauge Lowering Brackets

Last week I ordered a set of black lowering brackets for my gauge cluster. I had read about them on the ducati.ms forum. Folks that have installed them state that they made the gauges much easier to read.

They are pretty simple, basically just two angled pieces of aluminum that lower the gauges and tucks them back a bit. Very simple and effective. The brackets are made by fellow Ducati-head Dietrich Pfeifer. He works out of Phoenix Arizona running Gerhardt Design Studio. He also makes a better free flowing air filter cover designed to replace the stock piece.

I ordered a set in black and they arrived in less than a week. They were well packed and came with easy to follow pictorial instructions.

Installation is easy and take about 5 minutes. It took me longer because I discovered that I did not have any metric allen keys. After running up to the local hardware store and buying a set I was able to install them in no time. Once everything was tightened down I sat on the bike to check out if they were all that people said they are. They are.

By lowering the angle of the gauge face you acquire the needed data much quicker than the original placement. The ergonomics are superior. While riding you can clearly see the gauges from a variety of riding positions.

Dietrich's lowering brackets are a simple $40 upgrade that are well worth the few minutes they take to install.

No comments:

Post a Comment